Welcome to the HOMOWEEN CLASSIC 2017 Tournament page! All the info you’ll need to know including the online registration link can be found here. Do you have any questions? no worries, just drop an email to our amazing tournament director Marc at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year the tournament will once again feature a theme: “POP ICONS”. A bonus prize will be awarded to the team that best embodies the theme. It must be a team effort – not just one person. Only one team prize across all Divisions. Remember, safety first—but you must be able to play in your outfits. Please avoid spikes, studs, glitter and any other costume materials that could cause injury to players or damage to the court surface. You don’t have to dress up if you don’t want to, but why be a party pooper? Official numbered jerseys are also not required.
The registration link will become available on Sunday September 24, 2017 at 10:00pm.
Once all fees are paid and the online team information has been submitted, the team captain will be emailed a confirmation of the registration into the tournament, a request for team details, as well as further tournament details at a later date.
Registration Is Now Closed
*For waiting list information please email email@example.com
Pre-Tournament Event Details:
Friday October 27th 7:00pm to 10:00pm
We will be holding a Homoween registration party at Numbers Cabaret (1042 Davie St. Vancouver BC, Canada). Come sign your tournament waivers, and get your Homoween Candy Swag Bag. Teams that come to the registration party with over half their team will receive their very own Homoween Candy Swag Bag. After you sign in stay and enjoy some signature Homoween cocktails and enjoy all things numbers cabaret.
Saturday October 28th 8:00am to 6:00pm
$325 CAN Per Team (team fee is for a max of 7 players. Additional fee of $30 per player)
• Pool play will consist of 4 matches of 2 games per match (0-25, cap at 27, 45 min timed matches; no ties if time expires (play one more point), 5 min warm-up max).
• Seeding is calculated by win-loss record.
• Elimination round is best of 3 for all Divisions (0-25, cap at 27, 3rd game if required 0-15, cap at 17).
• All teams (A, BB, B, & C) will be required to referee pool play & play off matches and must have a referee on their team to officiate all matches.
• Participants will follow regular NAGVA rules (which includes not begin permitted to rotate into games – USAV substitution rules apply).
• Tournament Directors and the tournament officer reserve the right to move teams to appropriate divisions and to change match schedules to facilitate tournament schedule without significant notice.
• Pool play selections are conducted by RANDOM DRAW.
• Teams must have a minimum 6 players to a maximum of 8 players.
• This year we will be providing a subway lunch, this will be provided to you after pool play but before bracket play begins.
• The awards will be a prize table again this year. The gold finalists will pick first from the division with the largest registration and so on and so forth, silver and bronze are awarded bragging rights but no prizes. There’ll also be an MVP award for each Division. Officiating teams will select just one player as an MVP (from either team) for every match you’re officiating.
This year the tournament will host four divisional levels: A / BB / B & C. Captains are required to properly asses the skill level of their individual players and the team as a whole, to determine which division is appropriate for them.
The tournament directors will use the following guidelines to determine players proper division.
A rated player: Currently has an A/AA ranking as determined by NAGVA guidelines.
BB rated player: Currently holds a BB ranking as determined by NAGVA guidelines and / or is currently enrolled in the VGVA Open Level Division.
B rated player: Currently holds a B ranking as determined by NAGVA guidelines and / or is currently enrolled in the VGVA Competitive Advanced or Competitive division.
C rated player: Currently enrolled in the VGVA beginner or intermediate division.
Any player who does not currently hold a NAGVA rating or does not play in the current VGVA season, will be subject to rating during pool play by the tournament directors.
Each team in ANY division will be permitted to have ONE higher rated player on the court at any given time during play. This player must NOT be ranked more than one division above the current division the team is participating in.
The tournament directors have complete authority to move teams in and out of any division, if the team is determined to be playing above or below their appropriate skill level.
Please note that team final rosters are required to be submitted prior to the start of the tournament. The deadline for roster submissions is Tuesday October 24th at 5pm. Any team that is unable to submit their roster by this time, will be subject to losing their place in the tournament.
Tournament Director: Marc Richard firstname.lastname@example.org